What Is Invisalign First?
Invisalign First is a treatment designed to treat a broad range of teeth straightening issues in growing children. It can treat issues from crowding, and spacing to narrow dental arches. It provides the same benefits of removable clear aligners to children that parents and teens access. Invisalign First is different from Invisalign and Invisalign Teen as the orthodontist needs to be specialized in specific design adjustments in the aligners necessitated by the smaller size of baby teeth. The new aligners will not only make space for the new permanent teeth but can even break habits like thumb sucking. Contact our orthodontist in Hewlett, NY to know more.
Who Is A Candidate For Invisalign First?
Invisalign First is best for children between the ages of six and ten years, as most children lose their baby teeth during this time. This ensures enough space for the permanent teeth to come, which is an important aspect of Invisalign First. During this time frame, the child grows the upper and lower jaws to expand to make room for new permanent teeth. However, for some children, this doesn’t occur naturally due to abnormal or inadequate growth, which is caused due to mouth breathing, sleep disorders, thumb sucking, etc. Invisalign First promotes the right growth patterns in your child’s jaw. Call us now, for the best orthodontist in Hewlett, NY.
What Sort Of Problems Does Invisalign First Address?
Invisalign First is also known as Phase I orthodontic treatment. Its main aim is to prevent future orthodontic problems by improving growth patterns. Phase I orthodontic treatment always helps to induce healthy growth and create a favorable jaw relationship. This may lead to less extensive and less expensive in the long run. If your child suffers from any of the following orthodontic problems, contact us now to book an appointment with the best orthodontist in Hewlett, NY.
- Severe crowding of the baby teeth
- A narrow upper arch
- A crossbite is when the lower teeth and upper teeth don’t sit upon each other as they should
Invisalign First can prevent these orthodontic problems and help your child achieve proper jaw growth.
Advantages Of Invisalign First:
- Invisalign First delivers all advantages of removable clear aligners.
- Children are also seen to adjust quickly compared to traditional braces.
- While using traditional braces, many children develop mouth sores and ulcers from the hardware of brackets and wires. However, with Invisalign First, your child will avoid these painful cuts and sores.
- You can help your child maintain oral hygiene as the aligners can be removed and cleaned thoroughly.
- Your child can remove the aligners to eat, drink, brush, floss, and do other activities comfortably.
- Many children suffer from cavities and gingivitis during and just after traditional braces because they are unable to remove plaque or clean their teeth effectively. Invisalign first will help your child to maintain oral hygiene.
- Invisalign first customized planning around your child’s unique dental needs.
- It can also treat a broad range of orthodontic malformations.
- Invisalign first provides room for incoming teeth without removing surrounding teeth.
Disadvantages Of Invisalign First:
Invisalign first aligners are removable, therefore, as a parent, the burden will be on you to ensure your child is wearing the aligners for at least 22 hours every day. However, there are a few special features, such as blue wear indicators at the end of the aligners, which will fade from blue to clear. This will help the orthodontist and parents identify if the child has been wearing their aligners for the required time frame.
Orthodontist In Hewlett, NY.
Aligners are not capable of correcting every orthodontic problem, it is always better to consult our orthodontist in Hewlett, NY to get the best results for your child. Contact us now or book an appointment today!